District Head Quarter (DHQ) Hospital Rahim Yar Khan was established in 1950 and department of cardiology came into existence in 1985. Due to fortunate supervision and generous funding by H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Alnehan, Head of UAE, a new building was formed and soon this hospital gained the status of being largest DHQ Hospital in Pakistan and it was named as “Sheikh Zayed Medical Complex and DHQ Hospital”. A new complex building, as diagnostic block, Emergency Department and Coronary Care Unit (CCU) was handed over by the H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan in 1998.