To provide world-class education, research, and healthcare delivery for the benefit of patients & society, healthcare practitioners, and educationists nationally & internationally to meet the needs of the 21st Century. We intend to be recognized at home and abroad as a leading and trend-setter institute of medical education and research.
To strengthen and re-align existing residency programs so that the residents develop essential competencies and keep themselves updated within constrained environments. To enable them to assume leadership roles as ethically strong and competent health care providers, faculty members, and researchers for their communities in diverse professional settings.
To develop competent and caring specialist doctors, who can demonstrate professionalism, leadership, and advocacy for improving both patient care and the health care system.
AIM & OBJECTIVE
Sheikh Zayed Medical College / Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan is striving hard to achieve its mission by
- Imparting a comprehensive medical education leading to M.B.B.S. doctors having WHO recommended 5-star qualities of care provider, decision-maker, communicator, community leader & manager.
- Promoting evidence-based medical practice in the changing healthcare environment of the 21st Century
- Practicing compassionate, analytical and ethical approaches in the delivery of healthcare to the community.
- Providing the opportunity for postgraduate training in various disciplines of medicine & surgery.
- Providing an opportunity for continuing professional development for the practicing doctors to maintain/improve the standards of care in their respective fields.
- Developing a comprehensive program of research of international standards on various health-related issues.
Outcome for Undergraduates MBBS
The graduates of Sheikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan would have the following competencies.
- Competent to diagnose and treat the patient.
- Ethical and professional
- He would be able to transfer the knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- He would be a lifelong learner.
- He would be a health promoter.
- He would be a communicator.
- Leader and manager
- Critical thinker and innovator.
- Understand the Medico-legal aspects of practice.