Department of Neurosurgery in Sheikh Zayed Hospital was established in 1995. These are a full-fledged unit receiving round the clock Neurosurgical emergencies and have 03 days/week OPD and 02 operation days/week. A total of 45 indoor beds are available to admit neurosurgical patients. Department is recognized by College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan recognition (CPSP) 24th April, 2010,for FCPS training in Neurosurgery. Accreditation of Neurosurgery Department for MS Neurosurgery training by University of Health Science (UHS) 15th July, 2013 is also done.
Two operation tables on each operation day have been earmarked in the Phase-II Operation Theatre. In 2004 Unit was upgraded with the provision of following modern equipments.
- Adjustable Beds
- Central oxygenation for proposed high Dependency unit
- Image Intensifier with TV Monitor.
- Craniotomy for Cutting Skull Bones.
- Spinal Operating Drill with Different Diamond Burrs.
- Operating Neurosurgical Microscope with TV Monitor shared with ENT Department.
- Cloward Cervical Spinal Surgery Instruments Set.
- Spinal Surgery Instruments Sets for Fixation of Thoracic & Lumbar Spines.
- Mono & Bipolar Diathermy for Neurosurgery.
- Neurosurgical Operating Table with All Accessories.
- Neuro endoscope
- Hyperthermia Unit