Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department established in 1976 as a separate specialty of DHQ Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan. In February 2009 the department was divided into two units.
DATE OF RECOGNITION:
In 2006 college was recognized by PMDC and in 2009 department was accredited by CPSP Karachi.
PROF. DR. NUZHAT RASHEED
Head of Unit-II, Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department,
Sheikh Zayed Medical College/Hospital,
Rahim Yar Khan
HEAD of Department:
1st Prof. Dr. Zahoor Ahmed
MBBS, FCPS (From 16-03-2006 to 01-08-2010)
2nd Prof. Dr. Nuzhat Khawaja
MBBS, DGO, FCPS (From 22-12-2009 to 22-10-2012)
3rd Prof. Dr. Nuzhat Rasheed
MBBS, FCPS (From 23-10-2012 to todate)
Names (Gynae unit-ii):
Sitting Left to Right (Chairs):
Dr. Sadia Younas (SR), Dr. Saima Zulfiqar (Assistant Prof), Prof. Dr. Nuzhat Rasheed (HOD Unit-II), Dr. Mahwish Najam (Assistant Prof), Dr. Farhana Shabnam (SR),.
Standing Left to Right:
Dr Amina Javaid (PGR), Dr. Farheen Younis (PGR), Dr. H. Nafeesa Javeed (MO), Dr. Samia Akbar (MO), Dr. Anam Zahra (PGR), Dr. Aasifa Zahid (MO), Dr. Neelam Omer (MO), Dr. Shakeela Malak (PGR), Dr. H. Zoha Saleem (PGR), Dr. Kanwal Arshad (PGR), Dr. H. Muhammad Kashif (MO), Dr. Ayesha Hameed (MO).
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology unit II is well equipped with modern facilities. In Labour Room 24hrs facility for CTG and Ultrasound is available for monitoring of admitted There are 36 beds in Labour Room, divided into different sections. i.e. Screening area, 1st stage, 2nd stage, CTG room, USG room, and high dependency area for monitoring of serious patients. Operation Theater are functional 24/7 for emergency cases.
- Unit II is actively involved in various academic activities for undergraduates/postgraduates residents and house officers. In Gynae ward 48 beds for Gynae Unit-II and in each ward beds are divided for Antenatal, Postnatal, pre-operative Gynaecology. Unit has separate class room having excellent audiovisual facilities. Improving women health, training of medical students and research is central to our academic role. Our unit runs a comprehensive structured training program for undergraduates and postgraduate students in affiliation with UHS and CPSP. This program comprising of regular presentations, interactive sessions, teaching ward round, emergency MOCK drills, workshops, seminars, research and development, Journal clubs meetings, maternal/perinatal morbidity and mortality meetings and regular formative assessment of PGRs on regularly basis.
- Facility for Laparoscopy is also available.
- Facility for CTG is also available in ward.
- Availability of viral serology screening in labour room.
- Availability of almost all medicine in ward & labour room.
- Availability of HIV screening in labour room.
Our mission is to provide evidence based comprehensive patient care through continuous professional development(CPD) in knowledge, attitudes and skills.
SOGP PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP ON MVA AND POSTABORTION CARE IN 2019:
SEMINAR ON HARASSMENT AT WORKPLACE IN NOVEMBER, 2019:
BASIC LAPAROSCOPIC SURGICAL SKILLS WORKSHOP IN MARCH, 2021:
TOACS (PREPARATORY) COURSE FOR FCPS IMM CANDIDATES (May 2022):